Enterprise Ireland

Innovation Voucher Initiative

Enterprise Ireland have Innovation Vouchers worth €5,000 to assist your company explore a business opportunity. The voucher can be used to purchase academic support and expertise from a registered knowledge provider, such as ARCH.

The Innovation Vouchers initiative is open to all small and medium-sized limited companies (less than 250 employees) registered in Ireland. Companies may apply for a maximum of three vouchers, one of which must be a 50-50 co-funded Fast Track voucher.

A company may have one ‘active’ voucher at any point in time. Companies should ensure that the voucher has been redeemed by the knowledge provider before applying for a subsequent voucher.

1.    A Standard Innovation Voucher application must be made via the Enterprise Ireland Online Application System  during one of the open calls. Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue.

The next opportunity to apply for a Standard Innovation Voucher in 2017 is on Wednesday 18th January, 2017. The closing date for accepting applications will be Wednesday 1st February, 2017 at 3pm. Further calls will be announced in 2017.

2.       A 50-50 co-funded Fast Track Application can be submitted at anytime through the Enterprise Ireland Online Application System. The value of the voucher is €5,000 and the company contributes 50% of the project costs in cash. Therefore, a company may use a Fast Track voucher to cover project costs up to €10,000 on a 50-50 co-funded basis.

The company and the knowledge provider jointly agree on the work programme for the project in advance of submitting an application. Companies may wish to use this option when they are no longer eligible for a standard voucher (may have used two or more standard vouchers) or where time to market is critical and the schedule for the standard call is not suitable.

This voucher application can be submitted at any time and a response may be expected within four weeks.

For more information:

Innovation Partnership Programme

The Enterprise Ireland Innovation Partnership Programme can allow you to access the research expertise available within ARCH and help you to take your business to the next level.

This scheme can provide up to 80% of the cost of research work to develop new and improved products, processes or services, or generate new knowledge and know-how – funding will normally not exceed €200,000. The company partner must provide the remaining 20% cash contribution of the total project cost.

Your company must be a registered client of one of the following state development agencies in order to apply to this scheme: Enterprise Ireland, IDA Ireland, Údarás na Gaeltachta, a Local Enterprise Office.

There are two phases associated with an Innovation Partnership application:

Phase 1: there are two options, which can be submitted at any time.

– Option 1 is to submit an ‘Outline Proposal Document’

– Option 2 is to apply for an ‘Innovation Partnership Feasibility Study’.

Phase 2: Full Application, which can submitted following a review of an Outline Proposals or a positive outcome of a Feasibility Study.

2017 Schedule for Full Application Submission Deadlines:

    1 December
    11 January
    1 February
    1 March
    1 April
    1 June
    1 July
    1 August
    1 September
    1 October
    24 October

For  more information:

Irish Research Council

Enterprise Partnership Scheme (EPS)

Information to be added shortly